From Tami's Celebration of Life - Tami's Last Words
Note from Andy
When she knew that the end was approaching, Tami started planning things she wanted to happen at her celebration of life. For example, she had a list of songs or artists she wanted to be played. Thank you to Tami's brother, Bryant, for taking that and running with that. She also had a menu, which, unfortunately, due to the heat and inability to keep the food safe for the length of the ceremony, did no happen.
Perhaps the most important desire was that she wantd her final words shared. She died before "editing" this, but there is true beauty in what she conveys. So, instead of "cleaning it up," I provided it as is to Sally Bennett-Schmidt, who read it with amazing accuracy and poise. I could hear Tami's voice very clearly in the delivery.... Thank you, Sally!
My Words (by Tami Allemao)
Both brothers, Woody and Bryant, are each grandfathers. So exciting to see them enjoy this next generation.
I was pleased nephew Hunter told his mom (Teri) that her 1st grandchild would be the 1st girl after 7 grandsons of his generation. He did this as a secret. So, when Emily revealed she was having a girl, I ugly cried. Teri laughed, which is okay.
The best thing to happen to me is to have met Andy and to marry him. He made me a better person.
I have seen that my parents and siblings, gave me a strong foundation and then Andy built on it. Indeed, I was blessed.
I have seen my aunts and uncles lead by example to be good people and I hope that I and Andy have done the same for our nephews and nieces.
Square dancing
It has given me and Andy so many friends and experiences. We have traveled to places we wouldn't have thought of visiting and enjoyed every site. Some people invited us to spend some extra time and really visit. Thank you Pam and Jim Kidwell!
Oh, yes, we enjoy the dancing and music part of square dance. Pat Carnathan taught us well and then he encouraged Andy's idea of learning to call. John Marus had a callers school and our lives were changed forever.
I have always been so proud of his calling and everyone knows it.
My life has been filled with a lot of laughter and a lot of love.